slider

The History of Dunbar Township

Dunbar Township was founded in December of 1798. The first settlements in the Township were made upon and near the locality designated as Mount Braddock. Christopher Gist was the first to lead the way in 1752. Gist settled with his family in a cabin on the Mount Braddock lands, later known as the Jacob Murphy place. The first supervisors were John Cannon and John Hamilton in 1799. The first church, Laurel Hill Presbyterian Church, was established in 1776, and organized by Rev. James Power.

Recycling Details

Monthly recycling event will be held at the township shed the first Saturday of every month from 8 am - 12 pm. Next event is Saturday, May 1, 2021.

Only plastics, glass, metal and paper will be collected. NO Tires!

This is a voluntary program so residents are not required to participate.